Thursday, November 22, 2018

I am grateful for.......



Dear crazy munchkins of mine,

It's me- your Mamma, yeah I know I am not sleeping with you even though I pretended to be, just so you fall asleep and I can sneak out to get my break. Yes, I need a mini break from you gals because you sure know how to drive Mamma insane. I mean, can you two get along for the 5 minute that I am finishing up my work? Or give me some break when I am cooking for you a nice well balanced meal? Why do I need to watch "My little pony" or "PJ Masks", or "Super Monsters" everyday? You know what, I think I have learned all the lyrics better than you! ha ha

Even though it may seem like I am complaining, which I am, I just want to say that your Mamma loves you. Like a lot a lot a lot !!

But sometimes, I feel like I am not the best mom that you may want me to be. I feel bad that some times I am not able to play with you when you want me to. I feel terrible when I shout at you when you dropped milk on the sofa. I feel like I am not there yet, being a good enough mom.

But then I look at the two of you, I look at your faces and let's try to get passed the fact that you two look like your papa and not me, even though I try to convince myself that you look like me because I am the prettier one here :) Looking at your angel faces I realize that I am not doing a bad job after all- I see that you smile when you see my face first thing in the morning. All you want is Mamma when you get hurt. You eat the food cooked by me like it's the best thing in the world. You laugh at my not so funny jokes and smile when I make silly dances. You listen when I am teaching you. You cuddle and hug me when I read you a book and love my make believe stories.



You trust me
You believe in me
You know I will protect you no matter what.
You love me unconditionally.

You two are my best friends- for real- yes you are- even though this may sound silly. Even though at times it may seem like all I do is scream, clean, change poopy diapers, know that I am watching you, I smile when I go down to the basement and see the two of you playing.

I just want to say THANK YOU to the two most beautiful monsters in my life.



Thank you for reminding me that my mistakes and flaws do not affect you- all you want is your Mamma. Thank you for reminding me that there's no such thing as perfect mom but a mom who is the best mom for you two.

Thank you for the good night kisses and morning hugs.

All I want is for the two of you to be happy and loved. I am happy that I am achieving that everyday. The rest will come in time.

Love you,
Your silly Mamma 

No comments:

Post a Comment