Thursday, November 29, 2018

Anvika's first haircut

Anvika had entered the world of luscious locks and wanted to comb her hair herself everyday. Little hands trying to comb those curly locks often got tangled and it took me a lot of effort to untangle them, not to mention the effort and patience it took to have her stay still while I comb her hair. I was shocked one day to see scissors in her hand and she actually cut her hair because she couldn't take off her rubber band. So we decided to get her a haircut. Don't get me wrong- I love her two piggy tails and she looked adorable in them. We call them aeroplane :) But with 2 kids and that too girls, trust me 10 mins saved in combing their hair each morning mean a lot.

First things first- I gave her a heads up that she will be getting a haircut and she will look super cute. To make her feel more comfortable we took the two girls together for a haircut. These days kids salons are super fancy and have fun chairs to sit on- like an aeroplane or sheep or giraffe. Kids can choose to see their favorite movies while they get a haircut and thats what I call cherry on the cake :) Often kids get very anxious and that makes it difficult to have them stay still. So while Anvesha chose to watch Tinker Bell, Anvesha chose Mickey Mouse.

Anvika also got her favorite baby to the salon so as to have her hands occupied. She refused to wear a cape and after several attempts I gave up and  had her sit without one. I must say the lady did a very good job keeping her clothes clean.

Here's a small video from that day


Iam so proud of her. She did great !!! I have known kids who cry their hearts out while getting a haircut. But my little doll was just fine :)

Here's Anvika in her new look


Here's a certificate from the salon


Well this wasn't technically her first haircut, but yes, first haircut after the mundan.





No comments:

Post a Comment