Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Sunshine Party

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are gray,
You'll never know dear how much I love you,
Please don't take my sunshine away.

This song is so close to my heart. Every time I used to make Anvesha sleep, I used to sing this song to her. We call it the Mamma- Aanu song. So I had to continue this tradition with Anvika. I love singing this song and it plays continuously on Pandora. So while thinking of the theme for Anvika's first birthday, this was the first thing that came into my mind. When I started searching for ideas, I didn't realise how far I would come considering that first birthdays are meant to be remembered only on the hindsight. But, since the song is so dear to me, that was enough encouragement I needed to get the wheels spinning.


We made best use of the weather by hosting the party outside in the park. The weather was so nice and it was a perfect day for hosting an outdoor party. The color scheme was essentially yellow and pink. Anvika wore a yellow tutu dress that I had my eyes on long back when I was thinking on the theme.What is the best part of planning in advance is that you don't rush into any thing and the party planning goes on smoothly.

Here is the birthday girl. Photo credits: Kumar. Thank you for catching the moments of the party so well :)




Anvika looked more like a jelly fish here :)

The birthday cake had to be on the lines of the sunshine theme



There were many DIYs for this birthday. The main one being this photo booth. I give my self a pat on my back for getting this done :)




The family pic... We had to literally catch Anvesha to get a pic with us since she was so busy playing around.


Finally the cake cutting.....



Anvika was lucky to have her grandparents and both Buaji's on her first birthday. Rare moments when the entire family gets together.




To end the show we had a sunshine pinata. It was such a hit with the kids. All kids got  a chance to hit the pinata and were more than thrilled when the candies came pouring in.



I am so glad the birthday party turned out the way I imagined it to be. I love planning and organizing kids' birthdays. It was  so much fun putting it all together. A big thank you to all who made this happen.

Once again.... Happy First Birthday to our Little Miss Sunshine- Anvika!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment