Thursday, April 13, 2017

Anvika @ 8 months

Can't believe it has been 8 months already :) Anvika rolled over for the first time when she was around 6 months and started to sit upright at 5 months. She tries to leap forward and comes on her knees in the crawling position. Though she hasn't started to crawl yet, but tries to stand when I extend my hands towards her. This new found mobility means she is entering the land of bumps and falls which is quite enevitable in childhood. I let her explore her surroundings in order to discover her limits :)


Anvika is extremely fond of  Anvesha and the duo play very well together and Anvesha picks her up whenever she falls.



We started solids for her when she was 4.5 months old since she was not gaining much weight and her pediatrician suggested that we start solids early. We started with oatmeal cereal and its been a long journey ever since. We have gone past the puree stage and now I try to give her more of textured foods. Soft cooked and mashed veggies and fruits. I somehow feel she has a sweet tooth since she likes foods that are on the sweeter side like bananas, apples, carrots, sweet potato. I try to introduce new food every week. I did try  giving her daal and khichdi, but this little girl just gagged. Maybe I will try again after few days :)

Last week Anvika got her first lower 2 teeth together. She looks super adorable in her 2 teeth. The gummy grin is now replaced with gleaming teeth :) I am trying to get her pic with both the teeth visible- so far no luck :( Just like with Anvesha, we have continued the tradition of celebrating monthly birthdays for Anvika as well.
Here's a video from yesterday...


It has been a long journey of 8 months- many sleepless nights, days of frustration, days when I thought I cannot handle 2 kids, but when I see this marshmallow smile at me, I forget everything and my heart melts. Thats when I think- It's worth it and it will get better from here. I look forward to the summer this year where I want to spend as much time outside as I can with my angels :)

Happy birthday to this little girl who turned 8 months old yesterday. Muaaahhh!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment