Monday, January 28, 2019

At 6........

Today I am saying good bye to five- the age five that is.

My baby girl has turned 6 today. That reminds me every time I call her "Baby Girl", that she is not a baby, so please don't call her that in public :)


I don't remember being 6. I have tried really hard. So I decided instead, to write Anvesha a letter, so that if she forgets what 6 is like, she can refer back to this.

My dearest darling and my first love Anvesha,

I am writing this letter to you for you to preserve forever who you are right now, as you turn 6 years old.I hope one day we can read this together, laughing and smiling as we remember what an incredible girl you were when you were 6.

At 6 you believe that magic exists- you believe in unicorns, fairies and their magical wands.

At 6, you still love me the most-est and think that I am one awesome Mom- even with my flaws.



At 6, you are a total girly girl, who loves to dress up, choose her own outfit, likes to do her hair and comes up with one of most complicated hairstyles and ask me to make them for her.

At 6, you are learning to read and are doing an amazing job at it. You are so thrilled to get chapter books every week from your school library and I am so proud of you.

At 6, you love to draw and are an amazing artist. I am so touched with all the cards that you make for me. Sometimes I feel I don't deserve this love at all, coz no one ever made such beautiful cards for me ever. Thank you for that.


At 6, you love your dolls- baby dolls, barbie dolls. You love ponies. I am pretty sure we are soon going to have a pony town since we have ponies in all shapes and sizes too. I guess, you can play ponies and dollies all day if I let you :)

At 6, Elsa is one of your favorite characters. You love everything about Elsa. You also have an Elsa backpack that lights up- Gosh!!! I had to run errands to find that one for you. Your shoes have Elsa and Anna too and you love your light up shoes. Only few days back you asked me to get shoes with laces for you because that's what "big" girls wear. Phew..... I want my baby back..... please don't grow up so fast Anvesha.


At 6, you are having a love hate relationship with your little sis- Anvika. Both of you are like Tom and Jerry. You are absolutely protective about her in public, but at the same time fight like cats and dogs at home.



At 6, you are an amazing ballerina. I love the way how your dance moves are getting more refined.



At 6, you are playing your piano very well.... you still need a little more practice and I feel guilty of not giving you that one on one attention, because, well we have your little 2 year old sister at home who wants to do everything that you do and therefore becomes a big distraction.



At 6, you are in awe of your kindergarten teacher, whom you like to call Ms B. So much that you literally begged me to take you to MOD Pizza just because that's your teacher's favorite. She must be really amazing that she had you eat pizza- which you are not very fond of.


At 6, you really get torqued up when you make mistakes. But I want to tell you one thing, you don't really need to be prefect- you already are even with your faults and mistakes. Go easy on yourself- that is what being human is all about.

At 6, you think "pretty" means sparkles, fancy dresses, bows, shoes.


At 6, you are a miracle, a spark, a gift.

My heart expands with each and every of your birthdays. Happy birthday my love, I hope you have the time of your life.

1 comment:

  1. Frist of all congratulations on Birthday of my sweet princess. I feel proud of you because of your innocence , mixing up with others,caring for all and extra curricular activities. Anvesha I also feel proud of yourcaring mom and her writing skills.
    God bless you all and i pray that you excel in every field in life and
    make all of us proud.
    Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete